Meraki Engineers breathe life into our cloud-managed networking devices, which range from enterprise-grade switches and routers to wireless access points and security cameras. We are driven by the desire to make sophisticated networks simple. Our firmware combined with a web-based dashboard allows customers to lead enterprise-scale networks using a simple point and click interface. With this one of a kind solution, customers can monitor, reconfigure, and update any Meraki node, or thousands of nodes, anywhere on their network from anywhere in the world. It also allows Meraki to detect, diagnose, and correct problems in the customer’s network, sometimes even before they know there is a problem.
We are passionate about building real products that our customers love. As a member of our security team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Meraki users all around the world.
We believe in encouraging a positive environment by hiring, mentor, and empowering thoughtful, positive, humble people. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe—including an amazing office overlooking the Bay Bridge and stocked full of food and drinks.
As our Compliance Engineer, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for someone who is passionate about automating compliance efforts and tuning processes for maximum efficiency. Our ideal candidate has applied knowledge about how to maintain multiple certifications with an emphasis on engineering partnerships and delivering real security and compliance value to the business.
Senior Compliance Engineer key responsibilities:
* Collaborate with engineers and designers to ensure compliance across a number of large x-team initiatives.
* Design, develop and implement company-wide Compliance best practices to improve overall security.
* Ensure accurate alignment to controls and perform internal audits.
* Update compliance knowledge as requirements change by tracking and researching emerging practices.
* Perform and analyze risk assessments, isolate non-compliance issues and pursue resolution.
* Collect, review, report on compliance integrity using metrics to measure success.
* Constantly be on the lookout for security process improvements in all areas of the company.
* Stay up-to-date on Information Security trends, tools and news.
You are an ideal candidate if you:
* Have participated in an organization’s successful achievement of an ISO, SOC2, PCI, and/or FedRamp ATO certification
* Are adept at partnering with engineers to translate the language of compliance controls into practical plans of action
* Have 5+ years of combined compliance and security experience
* Know and love learning about the latest security and compliance tools, infrastructure, and industry best practices
* Enjoy working across and being a resource for other engineers
* Are eager to champion compliance and security as a first-class concern
Bonus points for:
* An experienced knowledge of a broad range of compliance frameworks, particularly FedRAMP, PCI, ISO, and SOC
* Security engineering background
* Program management experience
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.