insightsoftware is a growing, dynamic computer software company that helps businesses achieve greater levels of financial intelligence across their organization with our world-class financial reporting solutions. At Insightsoftware, you will learn and grow in a fast-paced, supportive environment that will take your career to the next level. We are looking for future insighters who can demonstrate teamwork, results orientation, a growth mindset, disciplined execution, and a winning attitude to join our growing team!Job Description
As a Senior CloudOps Engineer on our team, you will use your development experience to streamline our software development life cycle from requirements to monitoring in production. You’ll lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation, and cloud resources to cut down on tedious, boring tasks and free up the team’s developers to do what they do best – innovate. You’ll implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting.
Using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Docker and Kubernetes to improve and speed delivery of our products and services.
Ensure uptime and optimal performance of our multi-tenant cloud platform.
Develop metrics for infrastructure and software components and create dashboards for monitoring metrics and KPIs.
Create services and tools to automate typical Operations, Engineering, and QA tasks.
Work with developers and operations to define CloudOps processes, introduce new ideas and technologies so that we can stay on the cutting edge.
Communicate technical information to both developers and business stakeholders.
Provide guidance and expertise on system options, risk and impact management and costs vs. benefits analysis.
Focus on security requirements when designing a solution.
Provide thorough documentation for all work
Ensure that the architectural integrity of the source code is maintained and improved.
Identify improvements to reduce technical debt.
Conduct efficient code reviews and enforce team coding standards.
Provide technical mentoring to junior engineers.
Participate in on-call duty
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline or commensurate relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience in a CloudOps role
- 2+ years of experience with IaaS Platforms (AWS preferred).
- Proficient in automation using Batch, Powershell, Ruby, Python, or shell scripts
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, or Ansible
- Experience with Networking, Routing, DNS & Load Balancing
- Proven ability to learn new concepts and remain up to date with new technologies.
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, including CI/CD pipeline architecture and processes in addition to automation tools (Jenkins, Terraform, GitLab)
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in SCRUM or other agile development processes.
- Proven professional experience working with TDD and CI environments.
- Experience with creating SQL scripts and administering PostgreSQL.
- Strong experience with modern application development workflows and version control systems like GitHub, Gitlab, or Bitbucket.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Only U.S. based candidates will be considered.
** At this time insightsoftware is not able to offer sponsorship to candidates who are not eligible to work in the stated work location. **