Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, “can do” view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned.
If you work tirelessly to break into computer networks and just as tirelessly to ensure others cannot, we need you. The ideal candidate will work to modernize Reddit’s security controls and monitoring across our cloud environments, operating systems, and authentication and admin services.
What You'll Do:
- Build tools and processes for automating security controls and monitoring at scale
- Assist the team in improving our incident response capabilities
- Guide our infrastructure teams in implementing security best practices for cloud environments.
- Lead security initiatives across the organization and harden our infrastructure against attack
- Represent Reddit’s security program outside of the company at security conferences
What We Can Expect From You:
- Experience with infrastructure development (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused role.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Rust
- Experience with Cloud and Kubernetes container orchestration systems
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Troubleshooting skills that span applications, networks, and distributed systems
- Strong working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- (preferred) Experience or familiarity with securing cloud deployments
- (preferred) Familiarity with Cloud Security Posture Management strategies
- (preferred) Experience building zero-trust solutions in a cloud native company.
What You Can Expect From Us:
Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
Family Expansion Benefits
4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
Professional & Personal Development Stipends
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
401k Plan with Employer Contributions
Monthly Commuter Stipend
Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].