Veda helps patients get the care they need by untangling complex data management problems using advanced scientific approaches and in-depth collaboration. Our technology reflects what our people provide: quality without ego, honesty backed by science, and warmth in an industry not known for having much heat.
Veda is made up of talented professionals that are driven to do meaningful work to change healthcare from the inside out. We are also friends, parents, partners and caregivers. Veda’s benefits reflect our values—we offer fully paid, low or no-deductible medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees and their families. We ensure that employees can take time off to recharge and have flexibility to care for themselves and their families.
Veda is looking for sharp-minded do-gooders who share our values:
Collaboration Working together to identify solutions to current problems
Openness Actively listening, sharing and holding space for new ideas, perspectives and people
Integrity Doing the right thing, honestly and transparently.
Grit Displaying passion and perseverance to achieve our goals.
Ready to build the future with us?
About the Position:
We iterate quickly in a multi-account cloud architecture, with numerous data sources and models – that’s where you come in. As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will lead the design and implementation of our solutions, focusing on the application first and utilizing current AWS serverless best practices. You will be responsible for ensuring the security, reliability and performance of all our products, keeping cost in mind.
Our ideal candidate has a background delivering solutions to business problems as part of a fast paced team. You’ll work closely with our entire product engineering team to architect and implement our growing product portfolio. This is an opportunity for you to share your knowledge and influence our software development practices by mentoring others to grow their skills and look for opportunities to modernize our offerings.
- You have direct experience in the software development lifecycle, especially in build, deployment, version control, and configuration of applications using modern best practices
- You are energized by the pace of a high growth startup and solving complex problems
- You have been an advocate for DevOps culture in an evolving engineering organization with a passion for infrastructure and architecture design
- You are a self starter that places high value on outcome over output, aligning yourself with the common goals of the team and the business
- You are curious and in tune with new trends and technologies in the software development world
- You like to work collaboratively with developers, data scientists and UX teams to improve the quality and resiliency of the products you’re releasing
- You have working knowledge of all aspects of data modeling, service performance and security.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a focus on good technical writing
- Minimum of 4 years in design and implementation of serverless cloud solutions leveraging virtualization and/or containerization strategies and technologies (Docker, Lambda) for a scaling organization
- 4+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Significant professional experience with AWS cloud architecture, including products such RDS, S3, ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway
Preferred Skills that would be a plus:
- Demonstrated hands on software development projects in Python or TypeScript
- Demonstrated hands on experience with Amazon Kinesis (KDS) AWS infrastructure modeling tools, including CDK, Cloudformation or Terraform
- Experience working in highly regulated industries like finance, health care or defense
- Understanding of networking and network design principles
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Team lead or management experience
Our COVID Commitment: Veda is committed to prioritizing the health, safety and emotional well being of our employees and their families. Veda has always embraced the benefit of each employee working remotely, collaboratively.
All employees are required to be located within the USA.
We look forward to learning more about you -- apply to join the Veda team today!
More Information on Veda Data Solutions
Veda Data Solutions operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Madison, WI. Veda Data Solutions was founded in 2015. It has 105 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Friends outside of work, Eat lunch together, Daily sync, Open door policy, OKR operational model and Pair programming. To see all 3 open jobs at Veda Data Solutions, click here.
Read Full Job Description