Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Opendoor (San Francisco, CA)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:43 p.m. (CST) on Monday, March 7, 2022
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
We’re seeking an exceptional Infrastructure Engineer to join us as we build a common platform to support services and data processing across the company. From cloud infrastructure and continuous integration pipelines to developer tooling and monitoring service availability, the systems you build will support every team at Opendoor. You'll lead the development of projects that not only enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services but also impact the growth trajectory of the company.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Design, build, and operate the core platform infrastructure (e.g. cloud resources, container orchestration, continuous deployment) used by all of Opendoor's engineering teams.
- Diagnose and fix problems stemming from complex interactions of a wide range of components in a modern service platform.
- Guide the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Act in key support roles during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process. Write and maintain runbooks and documentation.
- Design and implement processes to maintain and improve organization-wide reliability.
- Optimize build pipeline and tooling to reduce CI/CD times.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of applicable engineering experience
- Strong coding skills in one or more languages - we mostly write Go, Python, and Ruby at Opendoor, but experience with others is also valuable.
- Experience with creating and managing AWS resources with Terraform
- Familiarity with monitoring systems such as Datadog
- Moderate experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Practical experience administering Kubernetes clusters
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- You love improving the efficiency and productivity of your fellow engineers and think of them as your customers.
- Experience building for a microservice environment
- Experience with running CI systems at scale
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description