As a Senior Cloud Engineer at Pluralsight, you will join a highly engaged team to design, optimize, and support our core cloud infrastructure. You will directly partner with our DevOps teams to increase the stability, reliability, and usability of our infrastructure while building a product that creates the innovators of tomorrow through technical education. You, as a member of our Cloud-Engineering team, will work in a key position, and your efforts will have a direct and meaningful impact on our product and learners world-wide. If this sounds like you, please read on and apply below!
Who you're committed to being:
- You are an expert Operations professional that enjoys being in a fast paced environment.
- You strive to explore new technologies and keep your own technical skills sharp while exhibiting responsibility and caution.
- You carry an inherent passion for innovation, learning, and excellence, and remain a lifelong learner.
- You are an amazing communicator and effective influencer within the teams you are on, elevating the technical abilities of those around you.
- You have a track record of being analytical, methodical, and quality driven.
- You are a champion of automation, who is always looking for ways to eliminate toil and manual procedures.
- You are eager to improve your knowledge of Software Development practices in a culture that values Software Craft, Lean processes, DevOps culture, and teamwork.
As a Cloud Engineer with a knack for troubleshooting and problem solving, you will be responsible for monitoring our environments, servers, and applications for health, performance and security.
- Develop a flexible infrastructure to promote Developer self-service, while promoting continuity across our overall environment.
- Ensure redundancy and resilience of infrastructure and services while fostering continual performance improvement.
- Design, implement, maintain, secure, and scale core shared infrastructure, environments and servers.
- Maintaining a pulse on new technologies and discovering hidden opportunities in our environment.
- Use technical expertise and experience to evaluate industry technologies and assess relevance
- Maintain and improve standards of Operational Excellence and Governance.
- Ensure all shared infrastructure is configuration managed.
You will collaborate with our hardworking teams of Software and DevOps Engineers, as well as Security and IT to decide how to best build meaningful outcomes for our end users.
Experience you'll need:
Requires the candidate with the skills of an Operations Professional. We are looking for someone who can perform at a high level, some paths to achieving this would be 5 years of related or equivalent experience; or 3+ years and an advanced degree.
A successful candidate will be well experienced in key areas such as Cloud Ops (AWS), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation), and Configuration Management (SaltStack).
Extensive Operations/Systems Engineering experience such as some of these skills:
- Strong systems administration skills, especially with Linux Operating Systems.
- Operational experience with platform systems such as Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, and/or Kafka
- Solid understanding of network security and performance.
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001).
- Strong scripting proficiency in bash (shell), Python, Golang, and/or other languages.
- Database administration background in Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, and MSSQL.
- Solid understanding and adoption of Dev/Ops mentality and tools.
Operating Systems - Ubuntu LTS, CentOS 7, Fedora Cloud, Amazon Linux. Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, Core.
Tools and Services - GitHub, GitLab, New Relic, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Saltstack, Kubernetes, EKS, Docker, OpsGenie, Elastic Stack, Terraform, AWS CLI. Nginx, IIS, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Zookeeper.
AWS - EC2, RDS, ECS, VPC, Route53, ELB, ALB, Lambda, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Service Catalog, Cloudwatch, CloudFormation, IAM, Certificate Manager, Directory Service, WAF & Shield, SQS, SNS.
Data Stores - Cassandra, Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch.