Senior Cloud Engineer at Pantheon Platform (Remote)
Pantheon’s WebOps Platform powers the open web, running sites in the cloud for customers including Stitch Fix, Okta, Home Depot, Pernod Ricard and The Barack Obama Foundation. Every day, thousands of developers and marketers create, iterate, and scale websites on the open web to reach billions of people globally. Pantheon’s SaaS model puts large and small web and digital teams in control of increasing the performance of their teams, websites, and marketing programs. Pantheon's cloud native software includes governance, security and collaboration tools that make it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform. The built-in ability to simultaneously create, test, deploy ,and run live sites with unrivaled hosting speed, scalability, and uptime give marketing teams the agility to win in the dynamic world of digital marketing.
With 35% of the web running open-source and significant investments in a $200 billion total addressable market, we are growing aggressively into a huge market opportunity and looking to expand our organization.The Role
Our Platform Orchestration team needs an experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team, which is remote in the US. We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use.
Things we are proud of:
Building tools to manage containers at scale and a massive multi-tenant distributed file system
Contributing to open source communities (WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Sensu, to name a few)
Creating cloud-native container-based infrastructure orchestrated with Kubernetes
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Additionally, the Pantheon engineering teams are built around a focus on collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!Cool Things You'll Do
- Work on advanced globally scaled implementations of WordPress and Drupal CMS systems using the latest in Google Cloud Platform offerings
- Work on a large scale orchestration platform serving millions of containers, using lower level Linux systems like systemd/cgroups directly
- Administer and maintain standardization and configuration state management with Docker/Kubernetes, Chef, Terraform, and Vault.
- Collaborate with the wider engineering org to both deliver platform improvements and provide subject-matter-expertise for other technical initiatives
- Be responsible for your team’s production systems, measure and track their health with SLO’s, and assist our dedicated support team to resolve production issues
- Create continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
- Support Pantheon as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the infrastructure’s stability, reliability, and performance that drives Pantheon's success
- Strong experience with large-scale, high-traffic platforms, and the design of scalable and robust services in the real world
- Profound experience with Python
- Skills with Go and GCP
- Deep working knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform
- 4+ years experience working on a development team
- Understanding of technical architecture discussions and can help drive technical decisions
- Champion the contributions and ideas of the whole team, and be able to convey your thoughts clearly
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off and sick days
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Fun at WordPress and Drupal community events
- Extra benefits like a stipend for reading books and your workouts
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact t[email protected]. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.