Senior Cloud Engineer - Google Cloud Platform
The world's most innovative brands choose LivePerson's Conversational Cloud. Our AI-powered Conversational Cloud has made over a billion brand-to-consumer conversations possible. We make it easy for consumers to ask questions and make purchases in the messaging channels they use every day. Currently, 18000+ leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS, and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI at scale and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Engineering at LivePerson is an inspired, customer-obsessed organization dedicated to building solutions that redefine the Conversational AI industry. We work in small, collaborative, agile, and mission-driven teams with a clear mission empowering quality, continuous feedback, testing, monitoring, and end-to-end ownership.
Our engineering teams make some of the most significant decisions and at scale. Do you want to be part of the next stage of innovation and growth? As a Senior Cloud Engineer - you will be part of an Account Configuration Platform team and play a vital role in cloud transformation. We are a globally distributed business unit spread across EMEA and the Americas.
What You Be Doing In This Role:
- Hands-on migration of puppet services to Kubernetes and to GKE.
- Lead the cloud transformation initiative with a hybrid cloud approach.
- Assist in building and migrating to cloud-native solutions.
- Writing Infrastructure as a Code, porting services, and end-to-end lifecycle management.
- Contribute to systems operating at >3k/tps, and help scale to >10k/tps.
- Use the latest technologies to solve unique problems for our customers at scale.
- Work with fellow engineers and leaders for prioritization and estimations.
- Maintain >99.999% uptime of mission-critical services.
- Decommission retired services gradually with zero downtime.
- Contribute to the team’s on-call rotation and improve rapid-response coverage.
Some of the technologies we are using:
- GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Functions
- On-Premises Data Centers
- Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes
- Apache Kafka, Google Pub/Sub
- MySQL, Couch base, Cassandra, Elasticsearch
- GCP, AWS, and On-Premises infrastructure (Hybrid)
- Spring 2x/3x, Spring Boot, and Nest.js
- Vault, Terraform, OAuth2.0 Provider, and much more
What you need for success:
- Several years of experience working in a similar role.
- Hands-on experience with GCP and Kubernetes.
- Experience with hybrid clouds (GCP, AWS, On-Premise Datacenters).
- Experience with mission-critical distributed microservices architecture.
- Previous experience as DevOps, System, Platform Engineer is preferred.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about cloud transformation in engineering.
- Experience with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones is a plus.
What do we offer:
- A globally, talented multi-cultural team from 30+ nationalities.
- Excellent base salary plus a bonus package.Great benefits such as pension plans, medical plans, dental plans, and more.
- 100% remote-friendly, work from anywhere opportunity.
- Lucrative 28 vacation days, plus additional care days (depending upon location!).
- Continuous learning opportunities and we offer cloud certifications.
- WeWork Corporate Pass – use anywhere in the world.
- Exciting travel opportunities to headquarters (post-COVID).
- Choose a machine of your choice (Mac, Windows, Linux).
- Your Internet and Cell Phone are on us.
- Team meets, lunches, dinners, and offsite fun activities.
- You will have the ability to make an impact at work and with brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.