Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer (Remote) at AbleTo
Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
AbleTo is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer/Architect to be the technical lead of the DevOps team that supports the ongoing development and maintenance of our continuous integration, delivery and deployment systems and pipelines within our Secure Development Operations function. Through your efforts, you’ll be making valuable contributions to the continuous transformation and improvement of our information systems. This role works within AbleTo to support agile software development lifecycle, including source code management, cloud infrastructure as code (IaC), continuous configuration automation (CCA), and development operations design, development, testing, and support and ongoing security assessment and remediation activities like application scanning & profiling. We’re looking for someone who is technology-driven, self-motivated, team oriented, and a great communicator, with the skills necessary to ensure successful growth and support of our development operations systems.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, maintain and improve Terraform/Ansible templates for target environment build following industry best practices.
- Serve as a subject matter expert. Consult and provide technical guidance on Google Cloud design, governance, performance, scalability, security, operations and cost control best practices. Ensure implementations follow industry best practices
- Work with senior engineers to design, prototype and deliver cloud agnostic microservices architectures leveraging Google Cloud Services and mature open source technologies (Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, CloudSQL, BigQuery, etc)
- Work with other AbleTo technology and operations leaders to assess cloud maturity, review existing Google cloud implementation, identify gaps and suggest improvements. Create a unified strategy for Google Cloud governance, automation, security, implementation and operations. Provide thought leadership on Google Cloud solutions and hybrid clouds as necessary
- Handle escalations from and higher level support to the run/operations team. Help with root cause analysis for complex problems
- Design, prototype and deliver Google Cloud native solutions, leverage Google platform rich services offering
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of professional work experience in IT software development operations or in designing, building and operating distributed and scalable solutions via system architecture (ex. Application, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture) with at least 99.9% availability on any major Cloud platforms (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Demonstrable expertise in IaC & CCA tools (e.g.Cloud Deployment Manager, Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation)
- Ability to engineer scalable Docker containers, ideally on Kubernetes
- Experience administering DSCM & CI/CD pipelines (with GitLab, Github, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Bash, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages to create automated deployment tools and toolchains
- Preferred certifications: GCP Certified Architect, AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft Azure Certified Architect, TOGAF or Cloud Architecture Certifications
- Hands-on creation of Terraform/Cloud-Formation/ARM templates
- Strong knowledge of Public Cloud beyond IaaS (Knowledge of service offerings including serverless)
- Strong in designing security and compliance in Public Cloud environment
- Knowledge of DevOps methodology and tools
- Experience dealing with cloud workloads, infrastructure and application architecture, data ingestion architecture, data storage and transformations, data analytics in the cloud, serverless function/application design, micro-services, DevOps
- Track record of designing large scale Cloud Environments, Hybrid Cloud or Cloud Security solutions
- Should be able to keep up to date with ongoing new developments in public cloud technologies and share updates with the team
- Aptitude and interest for use of new tools such as AI and DevOps
- Ability to catch-up quickly with new platform and technology
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We take pride in putting people first above all, including our own team members. We provide our team, and their families, with a wealthy benefits package to care for their physical, financial, and professional health, equipped with medical, dental, and vision benefits, a generously-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), no-cost mental health support, gym membership reimbursement, 401K matching, and plenty more. Our “One Team” approach to fostering our culture has built an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency (with a little bit of fun!). We empower people of all backgrounds to excel at AbleTo. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are just a part of our Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity initiatives. Our unique approach to career development is simply that: unique to you. No two people are alike, and neither should be their growth plan, which is why we work with each employee to design an individual development path. We hope you’ll join our team to empower people to get better and stay better, every day.
Follow AbleTo on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.