Senior Cloud Architect at Brightspeed (Remote)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
Job Ad - Senior Cloud Architect
Brightspeed has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cloud Architect to join our growing team. As Senior Cloud Architect, you will be responsible for the development of tactical and strategic solutions that deliver on the corporate vision while establishing architecture standards. The Senior Cloud Architect role is focused on foundational and transformational technologies that will enable the business, along with IT partners, to grow and thrive, while remaining cost effective and increasing stability and performance. As Senior Cloud Architect, you will work with Systems Engineers, Solution Architects, Development Staff and Business Leaders to develop solutions and establish architectural patterns.
As Senior Cloud Architect you will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead and be responsible for future cloud architecture direction
- Direct architectural aspects of cloud brokering and governance across all aspects of IT and the business
- Continuously collaborate with engineers, the business, security, legal, and finance regarding cloud decisions and direction
- Design, build, facilitate, and direct multiple cloud initiatives, including leading the CCOE
- Drive spend accountability towards cloud consumers; create forecasts, monitor costs and pursue optimization opportunities
- Work with senior executives and customers as a trusted technical advisor
- Provide architectural guidance on strategic projects
- Lead the development of formalized solution methodologies
- Provide a bridge between business and technical teams
- Make presentations to senior business and IT leadership
- Provide expertise to identify and translate system requirements into detailed design documentation
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Expert knowledge of Cloud Strategy, Cloud Infrastructure deployment and configuration
- Expert knowledge of the software development process
- Experience with DevOps & DevSecOps practices
- 5+ years’ s architecture experience with Google Cloud Platform and/or Microsoft Azure
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Terraform, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Chef
- Understanding of environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and deployment methodologies.
- Must be able to understand, interpret, relay, and conduct technical discussions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts with strong presentation skills
- Quick learner with excellent written & verbal communication and analytical problem-solving skills
- Solid organizational skills with attention to detail, multi-task, and cope with deadlines
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecom/Cable/Internet Service Provider industry experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.