PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys investigating new technologies? If so we have a great career opportunity! We seek a motivated engineer with a background in software testing. Here, you will validate and innovate PlayStation's groundbreaking software products. This is an opportunity to utilize your programming and skills while working on the most sophisticated gaming platform available. If this is you, please apply!Responsibilities:
- Own and develop manual and automated tests for the Playstation SDK and products.
- Work with engineers to understand feature development and craft test plans and test cases that exercise specifications, edge-cases and increase test coverage.
- Continuously test, monitor, debug, profile, analyze, and optimize SDK components through testing operations.
- Drive meetings with partners and be accountable for testing activities, report status, raise risks, and share knowledge with project members.
- Develop new tools, methodologies, techniques, and metrics to improve testing processes.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience in QA engineering or software development with C/C++ and Python.
- Passion to learn new technologies, investigate complex challenges, produce innovative processes and technical solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing threaded, asynchronous software with low-level memory management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work independently with multi-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a related field.
- Development and testing experience with spatial audio tech: HRTF, binaural audio.
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing concepts in the audio domain.
- Experience maintaining CI/CD environments: Jenkins, SVN, Git.
- Hands-on development experience with game console platforms (Playstation/Xbox), game engines (Unreal/Unity) and audio middleware (Wwise/FMOD).
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.