Senior C++ Engineer at Core Scientific (Remote)
Who We Are
We are doing something different, and we want you to be a part of it. To put it simply, we are powering and securing the next financial system of the world.
Whether that’s by delivering best-in-class blockchain infrastructure and hosting for our clients, by growing our digital asset mining practice or by pioneering innovative financial products and services through blockchain technology. Our solutions enable companies to host and monitor their blockchain hardware, optimize blockchain mining, render images, host nodes, and get the best ROI on their hardware.
Joining a company that is focused exclusively on the hyper-growth technology of blockchain is exhilarating and game changing. Core Scientific isn’t for the faint of heart. It requires smart, creative, collaborative teams who work hard and fast. If this appeals to you, you will thrive here and be a part of something special. Unapologetically, we work hard, run hard, and hold ourselves accountable in our quest to build something special. If these things interest you, we hope you’ll consider joining our team.
Senior C++ Engineer
Senior Vice President, Technology
The Sr. C++ Engineer will be responsible for development, documentation, and testing of software to ensure the optimization and performance of the hardware meets the needs of end-users and achieves business goals. This role provides technical and optimization insights to product and DevOps teams.
- Use Lean Software Development concepts such as Agile and Scrum to deliver products at “start-up speed”
- Use Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment to maintain a high-quality standard
- Serve as a mentor and coach to other engineers on the team, helping them develop their professional skills and grow their careers
- Experiment with whatever technology we need to get the job done
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience
- Knowledge of commercial software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Demonstrated understanding of the operating system software, C++, and some Python, NodeJS, Go-lang preferred.
- Understanding of the C++ build process, including experience with configurable build systems like CMake, Make, or similar.
- Design expertise with heavy involvement through all phases of the SDLC using concepts that may include Service Oriented Architecture, caching, load balancing, SQL/NOSQL databases, microservices, serverless architecture and Commercial cloud services
- Utilized object-oriented design concepts to program large multi-tier systems. Knowledge of common and useful design patterns.
- Responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to non-technical audiences