Senior Blockchain Engineer at Square (Remote)
TIDAL is a global music and entertainment streaming platform committed to creating a deeper connection between artists and fans through its library of more than 80 million songs, over 350,000 high quality videos, and available in over 60 countries. In addition, TIDAL offers its subscribers exclusive access to high-profile music and music videos, original content series, podcasts, documentaries, livestream concerts, tickets, merchandise and live experiences. Together, TIDAL and Block will be music-obsessed and artist-focused while we explore new artist tools, listener experiences, and access to financial systems that help artists be more successful.Job Description
As a Senior Blockchain Engineer at TIDAL, you will be part of the TIDAL Core Engineering Team. You will be an important contributor in our blockchain projects with the sole goal of making it easy to create non-custodial, permissionless, and decentralized services within the music industry.
You will investigate how blockchain technology can provide new and improved ways of handling ownership, transparency, contracts, payouts, and more within the music space.
Together, our aim is to create solutions that will financially empower artists by providing them with a toolbox of financial services, merchandising, NFTs and insights.
You will report to the TIDAL Core Engineering lead.
- Be one of our main contributors to the specifications and strategies of TIDAL decentralization projects
- Research, design, develop, and test blockchain technologies
- Design and develop proof of concepts
- Create prototypes and evaluate applicability, performance, and scalability
- Lead assessments together with product and other partners
- Lead discovery for use cases that can help TIDAL's understanding of specific blockchain implementations
- Mentor other engineers
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering
- Experienced in developing smart contracts
- Experience with digital assets and have worked with at least one open-source project within the Blockchain space
- Experience with the NFT space; marketplaces or exchanges a plus
- Passion for making a difference within the music industry and empowering artists financially.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.