About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 17 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade digital assets in our metaverse, and this has all flourished despite the constraints of Web 2.0.
This was only the first chapter in our story, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with Web3 and Highrise World.
About This Role
Are you a software engineer with a keen interest in blockchain development? Are Solidity and Python your languages? Are you interested to work on one of the first projects on Avalanche Subnet? Do you want a challenging role that goes beyond smart contract implementation and includes integrating contracts with the backend, integrating exchanges, wallets, bridges, and more?
If you answered yes to all of the above, you should join our fast-growing team!
We are looking for a Blockchain Engineer who will focus on building smart contracts for Highrise Metaverse and will be working on the integration of blockchain features closely with the backend team. Highrise whitepaper can give you a gist of everything that we will be working on https://cdn.highrisegame.com/whitepaper.pdf, but just to highlight a few:
- Launching Highrise subnet on Avalanche
- $RISE token release
- Custodial wallet integration and Fiat Onramp
- Highrise LAND
- Creating NFTs for Highrise in-game items and building Marketplace for them
- Integrating exchange, liquidity pool, staking
As a member of our small team, you will have a lot of independence and responsibilities. This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As a Blockchain Developer you will...:
- Design and implement secure smart contracts
- Be responsible to work closely with the backend and web team to integrate blockchain assets with the game
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts that can be built on blockchain
- Be one of the first blockchain engineers on our small and fast-moving team
- Contribute to ideas and design for new features
To be successful in this role, we'd expect you to…:
- Have 4+ years of general engineering experience, with strong computer science foundations
- Be familiar with smart contract development and blockchain in general (we use Brownie framework)
- Someone who is able to quickly pick up new technologies and contribute to different parts of the tech stack (blockchain, backend, frontend)
- Someone who is able to operate completely independently without explicit direction to build towards a product goal
- Be able to work well in a remote development environment
- Be able to communicate in English at a native speaking and writing level
- Be responsible to your fellow remote team members
- Be highly communicative and go out of your way to contribute to the team and help others
- Bonus: Worked on multiple successful blockchain-related projects
- Bonus: Experience in one or more blockchain features listed above
- Bonus: Professional experience in highly dynamic, early-stage company and/or lead position at bigger companies
- Bonus: Experience with async Python
Within 3 months, you'll…:
- Work on one or more features from the Highrise whitepaper
- Onboard 200k daily active Highrise users to the web3 world
- Contribute to security and functionality of existing smart contracts
- Contribute to the development process with ideas and best-practice suggestions
- Work closely with web and backend team members on blockchain integration
Within 6 months, you'll...:
- Be able to contribute new features as well as maintain existing code
- Contribute to the direction of Highrise, both in terms of product and technical
- Ensure the Highrise subnet is reliable and trusted by users
Our goal is to define the future of the metaverse with the product we build, and to grow from tens of millions to billions of users in the process.
Join us on this journey and together we will build something incredible.
More Information on Pocket Worlds
Pocket Worlds operates in the Gaming industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX. Pocket Worlds was founded in 2015. It has 48 total employees. To see all 21 open jobs at Pocket Worlds, click here.
Read Full Job Description