Senior Backend Software Engineer at connectRN
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:08 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 31, 2022
connectRN is a tech enabled platform connecting nurses and aides with opportunities to improve their work life. We believe nurses and aides are the backbone of the healthcare system, and deserve to be rewarded, respected, and recognized for their contributions. Our platform offers career development resources, flexible shift offerings, and the opportunity to participate in a supportive community of peer professionals. By using technology to bring nurses together, we empower healthcare workers to take control of their careers and their futures. connectRN was conceived by a nurse to empower clinicians at every experience level. Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., connectRN serves the American healthcare sector. To learn more about our platform, please visit https://www.connectrn.com/.
We are looking to hire a full stack Software Engineer to focus on the backend development of our web and mobile applications. Reporting directly to our Director of Engineering, you will contribute in all facets of the development lifecycle including architectural design, implementation, qualification, delivery, and maintenance.
- Write scalable, robust, testable, efficient, and easily maintainable code
- Translate software requirements and/or visual design into stable, working, high-performance software
- Play a pivotal role in architectural and design decisions, building efficient and easily maintainable services
- Learn and integrate third-party libraries into our applications
- Communicate technical design, requirements, functionality, and limitations of systems/applications
- Be willing to wear different hats other than that of a developer when necessary such as QA engineer, tech support and DevOps
- Several years of experience in developing, maintaining, and innovating on consumer applications
- Experience developing REST APIs for Web and Mobile applications, GraphQL experience is a huge plus
- Ability to write code in high-level languages such as Java, GoLang, etc.
- Experience working in Amazon AWS technologies such as ECR, ECS, S3, Amplify, RDS
- Outstanding problem solving, debugging, and analytical skills
- Familiarity with relational and/or NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge of Microservices, server-less technologies and other architectures
- Demonstrated capability to work independently in fast-paced environments with heavy autonomy
- 100% remote if you reside in one of the following states: AL, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY (outside of NYC), NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, & VA.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or religious exemption.
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.