Senior Backend Software Engineer, Data Platform at Motional (Las Vegas, NV)
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Software Engineer to help develop and roll out the next generation of our Data Platform. We are building a scalable compute platform that is used throughout the company, enabling a diverse set of teams to access data, extract meaningful automated metrics out of the data, and perform various ad-hoc analyses on the data. We deal with data on the Petabyte scale and provide critical functions to improve the development of a reliable AV by allowing various researchers and engineers to understand how the AV performs various tasks and scenarios in real world or simulated environments.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, build and maintain our data platform for our autonomous vehicle fleet
- Write high quality, maintainable code
- Assist with high-level system design, and code reviews
- Communicate with stakeholders and team leads to identify system requirements
- Take a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for mentoring.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of professional work experience as a software engineer in big data
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working with data pipelines hosted in cloud infrastructure (such as AWS)
- Experience with Serverless Architectures
- Expertise building data pipelines on large complex data sets using distributed processing system (such as Spark)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
Bonus points (not required):
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Docker, and Terraform
- Experience with .NET core and Python
- Experience with large scale compute
- Experience with C++
- Experience working in cross-functional development teams
- Experience with distributed systems design and architecture
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning systems
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.