By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Our strategy starts with our mission: how do we build the right set of products that can help our customers work in a more enlightened way? If the first big problem Dropbox solved was getting your files in the cloud, the new problem we’re solving is helping you organize your life.
As we’re evolving the core business from syncing and sharing files, we are looking for Senior Software Engineers to come build the next generation of new products for collaboration and distributed work. Product Engineers thrive working across technologies and codebases, but are also involved in leading various product development cycle stages. Along the way they are expected to fully represent the users needs through close partnership with product, design, and user research.
In this role you will build best-in-breed software by architecting and delivering scalable systems that power optimized user experiences like Dropbox Paper, Transfer, or Family. As a Senior Product Engineer, you will support data-driven approaches to conduct experiments or iterate features, while ensuring that the software we write will last and scale. You advocate for simple solutions and designs over complex ones, knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.Responsibilities
- You will articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
- You will write code as we expect our technical leadership to be in the trenches alongside junior engineers, understanding root causes and leading by example
- You will partner with product managers, designers and analysts to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- You will develop and execute against both short and long-term roadmaps, making effective tradeoffs between business impact, user experience, and a high-quality technical foundation
- You will improve the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
- You will own relationships with other engineering teams and collaborate with other functions within Dropbox
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of software engineering and/or work related industry experience
- Previous success developing and shipping a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Skilled at building user-facing software and supporting systems and libraries for the web and/or desktop
- You can handle full-stack projects and are able to build a minimum working product quickly