Senior Backend Engineer at Ready (Remote)
Launched in 2016 in New Orleans, LA, Ready provides a convenient, affordable, and coordinated solution to help at-risk, vulnerable populations access and navigate the healthcare system by providing high-quality care, education, and support through community-based resources.
We partner with leading health plans, health systems, and at-risk provider groups to identify and engage the hardest to reach patients. Our hybrid care model leverages in-home and telemedicine capabilities, deploying specially trained “Responders” (with backgrounds as EMTs and paramedics) into patients’ homes paired with a Ready clinician (Physician, NP, PA, or LCSW) via telehealth.
Ready meets patients where they are, addressing their physical, behavioral, and social needs to improve self-efficacy and trust - leading to reductions in unnecessary ED utilization, driving high-quality outcomes, and lowering the total cost of care.
We currently provide care in three markets: Louisiana, Nevada, and the Capital Region, with plans for national expansion underway.
About The Opportunity
The Ready Engineering team is a cornerstone of the whole-person care provided at Ready.
What We Do
We maintain a number of healthcare applications that were built inhouse. Our Day to Day tasks include fixing bugs, implementing new features, adjusting database schemas, deployments in Netlify and AWS, and code refactoring.
A new initiative in the pipeline to build One application to rule them all. This is a very exciting time to join our team to take part in this new project that will start very soon.
Why Join Our Team
- You will work on exciting projects that will take your career to a entirely new level
- You will be part of a rapidly growing team
- You will work with cool technologies (AWS, Netlify, Typescript, Graphql, and more)
- While we are not at cutting-edge tech, you will get the opportunity to move us towards that
- Your opinion matters. We value an environment where all team members are supported to openly discuss ideas
Our Tech Stack
Our stack consists of Node.js applications in Kubernetes clusters, with PostgreSQL and GraphQL, mostly running in AWS. We also utilize a few other AWS services and 3rd party tools, such as Lambda, API Gateway, and Netlify.
Other technologies: Go, Python, SQL, Kinesis, Redshift, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, RDS, Aurora, Kubernetes, Docker, Graphile, and a lot more
What You'll Do
- Maintain a number of Node.js applications in Github
- Test and Deploy fixes, features, and releases
- Collaborate with front end engineers, integration engineers, and product managers
- Engineer with security and compliance as a foundation
- Get stuff done!
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years experience in a commercial software engineering role
- Experience and enjoyment building and working with great APIs, both GraphQL and REST
- Experience with cloud computing (preferably AWS), and containerization (Docker)
Nice to Have
- A background in healthcare or experience working in highly regulated industries
- Experience working on a Product team in an agile startup environment
- Front-End experience in React and/or React Native - we’re always keen to encourage fullstack developers - more fun for you and more flexible for us
Ready is committed to meeting all Federal and State employment requirements including I-9 compliance. As part of that commitment, the company participates in the Department of Homeland Security's eVerify system. For more information, see here" (the word here would be a hyperlink to the attached notice). Learn more here: https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RightToWorkPoster%20Eng_Es.pdf.