Senior Backend Engineer at Candy
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets, but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to join the engineering department. Your contribution to Candy’s success will be aimed towards building the premium blockchain-powered digital collectible experience on the team. In addition, you will play a leading role in building databases and operating systems. Above all, you will push and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box, but collaborate outside the box..
As our Most Valued Player, you will...
- Build core infrastructure software (APIs, microservices, database modeling), instrument them for performance, and optimize for throughput.
- Work on integrating backend services such as decentralized databases, user authentication, eCommerce platforms, and customer insight systems into our products.
- Work in collaboration with UX engineers and product managers to implement platform requirements.
- Write robust, scalable, well-designed software that is easy to maintain and well tested.
- Push and refine our proprietary technologies, platforms, and creative practices.
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have experience developing and/or integrating decentralized technologies, infrastructure, and data systems.
- You have experience with cloud systems such as Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
- You have experience building custom SaaS applications and APIs.
- Language-agnostic with a preference for experience in Python, Java, and/or Go.
- You have a strong understanding of the modern deployment process, comfort with docker, containers, and/or kubernetes.
- You can drive and execute several initiatives simultaneously.
- You take ownership of everything you do and have opinions on the features you’re working on.
- You have a love of sports, collectibles, blockchain and crypto!
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our core values:
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. But, giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.