Senior Backend Engineer at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:38 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
As part of the Data & Analysis team, you’ll be a key contributor to the HMDS (Hivemind Design Software) platform...an innovative cloud and local software solution that will change the way AI/autonomous applications are developed. This role focuses on building and maintaining tooling and infrastructure supporting data ingestion and aggregation.
Projects that you might work on:
- Contribute to a platform (HMDS) that will revolutionize the way that AI and ML solutions are created
- Work closely with our AI and autonomy engineers to hyper-optimize their development, increase product quality, and reduce cycle times
- Help to build out our next-gen orchestration platform build on Dagster
- Build and support various orchestrated pipelines such as data ingestion, analysis, and machine learning
- Contribute to a cloud-based micro-service platform that is foundational for supporting core development and integration capabilities
- Collaborate with your team in driving technical solutions to complex software and business problems
- Work with teams of supremely talented software engineers who care deeply about the solutions they create
- Leverage your backend development skills across a portfolio of applications
- 3-5 years professional experience developing production quality software systems.
- Strong experience with Python is a must
- Knowledge of different data stores and persistence strategies (e.g. relational databases, NoSQL, cloud storage, etc.)
- Experience with Git and/or other source code management tools.
- Passionate about developing high-quality and optimized software solutions.
- You embrace strong coding best practices regarding code documentation, unit testing, bug tracking, etc..
- Strong technical collaboration and a desire to develop new skills.
- Excited by a fast-moving environment with a highly motivated group.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
- Experience with Dagster a huge plus
- Experience with Golang and gRPC is a plus
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate)
Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) was founded in 2015. It has 345 total employees. To see all jobs at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate), click here.
Read Full Job Description