Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 50 million daily active people, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We're completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. Videos on Reddit have seen exponential growth and the Video Creation & Live teams play a central role, covering both the creation of new video content as well as state-of-the-art interactive, real-time live video experiences. This position will encompass backend development of REST & GraphQL APIS for user-facing features, architecting & building new distributed systems, and collaborating with other Video & Reddit engineers on exciting horizontal initiatives.
Reddit is looking for a Senior Software Engineer capable of building highly robust, scalable, reliable, and performant distributed systems. You will work closely with other Backend Engineers, Mobile Engineers, Product Managers, Designers & Data Scientists to deliver best-in-class product experiences that will advance Reddit’s efforts to bring community and belonging to everyone on the planet.
This is a high-impact role where you will be involved in technical & product strategy, operations, architecture, and execution for one of the largest sites in the world.
- Build complex features in a state-of-the-art service-oriented architecture spanning multiple systems at a time, participating in the full software lifecycle
- Participate in on-call rotations, troubleshooting, code reviews, and other quality-related initiatives
- Work closely with mobile and web engineers to design and implement scalable interfaces
- Champion and drive engineering processes and best practices
- Write efficient, scalable, and maintainable code that will help us iterate quickly and safely
You might have:
- At least 4+ years of experience as a software engineer developing backend platforms at scale, using Go, Python, Node, or other object-oriented languages
- Extensive experience working with distributed systems in a service-oriented environment at scale
- Additional knowledge around GraphQL, REST, HTTP basics, and the ability to design maintainable APIs
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You collaborate effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].