"The front page of the internet,” Reddit brings over 500 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Infrastructure org has the mission of building and delivering the storage and data systems, compute orchestration environment, and essential platform services behind all of Reddit.
The Infrastructure organization is looking to hire a backend software engineer to work collaboratively on a team dedicated to building out Reddit’s data storage platform and infrastructure. This is a high impact role where you will contribute to design, implementation, and operations for one of the largest sites in the world. The Storage team’s mission is to provide a platform for teams to independently and effectively run their storage workloads in a performant, reliable, and secure way.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with a team of software engineers and systems engineers to create and maintain the foundational platform for running Reddit’s infrastructure.
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Reddit’s products.
- Contribute feedback to the technical and strategic direction of the storage platform.
- Build and maintain the data storage platform that supports all of Reddit.
Who You Might Be:
- 5+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in infrastructure roles.
- Prior experience provisioning, operating, and administering storage infrastructure at scale.
- Prior experience with cloud infrastructure systems is a plus (Kuberrnetes, AWS / GCE ecosystems).
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Python, Go, Rust, Java, C++.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team and company.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].