Senior Backend Engineer - Search (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
As a member of our Computer Vision team, you will collect and analyze visual and non-visual data to create and train models that can be deployed to alert customers to situations of interest. If the thought of modernizing an old industry while making the world a more secure place appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
Recent Projects for This Role Include
- Build scalable backend systems that can support indexing hundreds of millions of image data every day
- Build scalable backend systems for recognizing objects and hundreds of millions of images every day
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, preferably with industry experience
- 3+ years of industry software engineering experience
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language
- Mastery of scalable backend design, including databases, queues and blob storage
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description