As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will bring your own technical expertise and help design new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will carry projects from initial requirements, implementation, up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Port legacy Micro-services to Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- Create optimized database schemas
- At least 10 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Leadership in defining technical requirements and drive projects through to completion
- Assume technical responsibility of complex backend systems, identify opportunities for system improvement
- Act as technical leader, mentor junior engineers and ensure best practices are adhered to
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with system languages (C, C++, Go) and/or strongly typed programming (OCaml, Haskell, Rust)
- Be knowledgeable about distributed systems and technologies (gRPC, Kafka, NoSQL, SQL, Redis, ...)
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Be familiar with PHP
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-LM1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 210 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description