Senior Backend Engineer, Perception at Rebellion Defense
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join us in building amazing products that provide capabilities across a broad range of Department of Defense needs. The Senior Frontend Software engineering role will be based out of our Washington, D.C office and will work on our Remote Sensing Imagery products. These are new innovative products we’re building that consume signals from many DoD sensors, including live video signal, and leverages machine learning to provide speed and accuracy advantages to Department of Defense intelligence analysts working on pattern of life assessment and threat identification.
This position will include working on web interfaces that will better equip the DoD to make quick data informed decisions. Build React Components in Storybook to be used in our production application. Solve tough technical frontend problems. Work with our design and AI/ML team to combine smarter software with sophisticated user interfaces.We look for a track record of the following:
- Delivered successful SaaS or similarly architected products to customers in a high tech environment
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments to deliver products
- Worked closely with design and product management to create leading-edge user experiences
- Worked in an Agile development environment embracing SCRUM or similar methodology
- Have 4+ years of relevant frontend experience in the tech industry
- Worked on mapping applications and have an understanding of frontend technologies to display geospatial information including map tiles and layers from their coordinates, such as having worked with the Leaflet.js library or APIs such as Mapbox/Google Maps
- Love working in an inclusive environment
- Embrace a team-oriented approach to engineering working within an agile framework
- Are comfortable working on under-specified problems and are capable of rapidly learning and iterating on solutions
Rebellion is a well-capitalized technology start-up firm that is passionate about defining and delivering modern, life-changing software products to the US Department of Defense (DoD), the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD), and their allies. At Rebellion we believe in operating what we own, we deliver all of our products as managed services, this allows our product teams to maintain operational ownership across all deployments. Expect talented, motivated, intense, and interesting co-workers.
Compensation includes meaningful equity ownership, competitive salaries, full medical coverage, disability and life insurance, and transit reimbursement.
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.