Senior Backend Engineer - New Products at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:05 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 30, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Specify and add API endpoints to change camera image tuning properties.
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Build a high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding service.
- Define and improve service-oriented architectures.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 4+ years industry experience in backend software engineering.
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language and scalable backend design including databases, queues and blob storage.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people).
- Comfortable with Python, SQL, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description