- Develop large scale systems to interact and configure the camera fleet remotely, including image tuning, image processing and video exporting.
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Build a high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding service.
- Define and improve service-oriented architectures.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend software engineering.
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language and scalable backend design including databases, queues and blob storage.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people).
- Comfortable with Python, SQL, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.