Senior Backend Engineer - Home (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers seven product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, visitor management, mailroom management and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $360M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 14 offices across three continents, 1,500+ full-time employees and 15,700+ customers across 70+ countries, including 43 companies in the Fortune 500.
- Develop large scale systems to interact and configure the camera fleet remotely, including image tuning, image processing and video exporting.
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Build a high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding service.
- Define and improve service-oriented architectures.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field (Master’s degree preferred).
- 5+ years of industry experience in backend software engineering.
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language and scalable backend design including databases, queues and blob storage.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people).
- Comfortable with Python, SQL, Software Architecture, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description