Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
The Automox Growth team is responsible for serving as a shared service & discipline across the organization to help teams specialize, solve hard problems, and execute revenue-bearing experiments.
You are a seasoned software developer who is dedicated to your craft; you write code that you are proud of and can hit the ground running. You write beautiful, fast code to a high standard, in a timely and scalable way that improves the code-base of our disruptive SaaS based endpoint management software in meaningful ways.
You will be a part of a creative and data-driven tiger team that is responsible for collaborating directly with teammates from across the organization. This means that you’re both a great communicator and that you’re comfortable building relationships with across departments.
As a member of the growth team, you are motivated by the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders from across the organization to identify and prioritize the highest leverage opportunities to accelerate the business’ growth, design and execute growth experiments, and report learnings across the organization.
As a Senior Engineer for the Growth team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with teams across the organization (sales, marketing, success, engineering, product, ops & data) to shape and define growth experiments that drive revenue
- Contributing to all aspects of the growth experiment development cycle from opportunity analysis through execution to reporting as part of a fast-moving scrum team
- Writing performant, testable, and maintainable code that integrates with a RESTful API and powers a fantastic user experience
- Contribute to continual improvement by testing, performance tuning, refactoring, usability improvements, and automation
- Produce detailed specifications, and contribute in all phases of the experiment & product life cycles
- Executing growth experiments that drive customer & revenue growth
- Build high quality, scalable web applications using best coding standards and writing clean, well designed code
- Extend, enhance, and maintain the core product software and databases
- Providing backend expertise and mentorship to other engineers throughout the organization through design and code reviews, documentation, best practices, and knowledge sharing sessions
What You Bring to the Table
- Passion for solving customer problems using technology
- Experience working with fast moving cross functional teams including engineering, design, product, sales, marketing, and ops
- Experience breaking down complex functionality into a simple technical design
- An interest in making those around you better through teaching, sharing, and mentoring
- An ability to drive changes in technology and processes with humility and tact
- A sense of ownership and curiosity that drives you to dig into the key drivers of & constraints on Automox’s growth, as well as areas where we have opportunity to reduce customer friction and deliver greater value to our customers
- Experienced in one of the following languages desired: Golang PHP (Laravel), Java is highly desired
- Relational database design and web database integration (PostgreSQL). Non-relational database experience is a plus.
- Development in a Linux server environment
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Excellent oral and written communication skils
- You have experience with cloud native application development "Docker, AWS, Kubernetes"
- Experience with modern build and testing tools such as webpack, Jest, Karma, Gulp, etc.
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- Work well in a tightly knit, cross-functional team environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience in developing reusable NPM modules
- Strong understanding of software engineering best practices, including unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, debugging, troubleshooting, and agile development
- Understanding of computer science concepts such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, and how they affect performance and scalability of web applications
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full-time permanent employees.
Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
Adoption benefits, Parental leave
We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. $125,000 - $150,000 - $175,000/year
All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are all in this together and everyone should have a stake in the company which is why all employees receive stock options.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.