Senior Backend Engineer - Customer Identity Platform at Uber
About the Team
We enable Uber's business growth by creating trusted user accounts and managing seamless and secure access to Uber applications and services.
Uber's Customer Identity Platform (CIP) team develops Identity SaaS which includes sign-up, login and identity management solutions which are used by Uber and its partners. Our services are highly scalable and serve up to 1M requests/sec. We support various identity use cases which span Uber's mobile and web applications (Rider, Driver, Eats, Freight, Elevate, U4B etc.), Uber acquisitions (Cornershop, Jump, Careem etc.), Uber services offered through 3rd party applications (AliPay, PayPay, Line Messenger, McDonalds etc.) as well as enabling our external partners to seamlessly offer their services within Uber apps.
About the Role
You will directly impact Uber's growth and user's trust by defining and executing the technical roadmap for Customer Identity. The role provides opportunities to collaborate with all Uber product teams as well as with stakeholders across security, privacy and legal functions.
What You'll Do
- Design and develop end to end features for customer identity spanning across the tech stack
- Design, develop and operate highly scalable and reliable services
- Collaborate and consult with multiple Uber product teams as well as external partners for solving business problems using our platform
- Tech lead with a small team to plan, prioritize and deliver impactful projects
- Ensure customer security, privacy and seamless user experience for each product in collaboration with product managers, designers, security, privacy and risk teams.
- Ensure that identified security issues are prioritized and addressed in an appropriate time frame.
- Coaching junior team members
- 4+ years of full-time Backend services development experience
- Experience with one or more of the programming languages (Go, C++, Java, Python, etc) and data stores (MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, etc).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other engineering field etc).
- Experience designing and implementing large scale web services
- Experience in any of Security, Cryptography, Authentication, Identity Management, Authorization and Access Control
- Experience with OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, X.509 and other standard authentication protocols.
- Excellent documentation, communication and collaboration skills.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.