Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
We are looking for experienced back-end engineers to join the Verkada Core Platform team. We are building the platform and shared services that will enable Verkada to quickly bring to market a suite of IoT devices and to power Verkada’s “operating system for buildings.” As a member of the Core team, you will be the architect, designer, and developer in a broad range of projects.
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of handling high traffic from 100s of thousands of devices deployed around the world.
- Work with high concurrency key-value storage systems (Redis, DynamoDB)
- Spin up new services in a microservices architecture
- Help lead and grow junior engineers
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience driving technical direction and leading teams towards project execution
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of at least one common server programming language (Python, Go)
- Experience with relational databases like Postgres, MySQL, etc
- Experience with distributed systems at scale
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Technologies we use: Python, Go, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached, Kafka
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description