VolunteerMatch, the web’s largest volunteer engagement network, has an opening for a talented Senior Applications Engineer. VolunteerMatch is dedicated to making it easier for good people and good causes to connect. This is an amazing opportunity to put your skills to use strengthening communities with one of the nonprofit sector’s leading social enterprises.
As a Senior Engineer, you’ll be working in a small team that does big things. Working in an Agile environment, you’ll partner closely with your teammates and product managers in all aspects of VolunteerMatch product lifecycle - estimation, architecture and design, implementation, performance, troubleshooting, and maintenance.About You
People like working with you. You work well in a team, and you know that you succeed when the team succeeds. You are a good problem solver who pays attention to code quality, and who can anticipate problems before they happen.Qualifications
- You want your tech skills to make a positive social impact
- 5+ years web development experience
- Knowledgeable about the full spectrum of web technology - API's, security, scalability/fault-tolerance, etc.
- Experienced with Java, or another high-level language
- Experience with SQL and relational databases like MySQL
- Understanding of web application performance considerations
- You test your own software - and you know that the best tests are automated
- Cloud experience (we run on AWS)
- Expertise building externally consumed APIs (REST/GraphQL)
- Experience mentoring other software engineers