Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for a senior backend software engineer to join our Event Platform team. You’ll be joining a platform team focused on building features for our internal customers to provide standardized platform capabilities and patterns needed for asynchronous communication between services. Our team has a direct impact on the growth of Atlassian and is the proud owner of platforms like Streamhub and Shipyard. We are enabling cross-product experiences, and are committed to providing platform solutions for reliable, performant, secure, and compliant streaming between services.
More about you
As a senior backend software engineer on this team, you will work with a talented team of engineers and Architects to build platform solutions encompassing backend development, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing with an eye for operational excellence to make the services reliable and performant.
You will be empowered to drive innovation by coming up with new and exciting ideas to creatively solve issues, as well as actively look for opportunities to improve the design, interface, and architecture of Atlassian's products on the cloud.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience crafting and Experience crafting and implementing highly scalable and performant micro-services
- Proficiency in any modern object-oriented programming language (e.g., Java, Kotlin, Go, Scala, etc.)
- Real passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers coaching them for growth, comfortable executing on a project with an initial set of ambiguous requirements taking appropriate technical decisions and detailed breakdown of tasks.
- Focus on operational excellence.
- Familiarity with cloud architecture patterns and an engineering discipline to produce software with quality
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
It’s great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience using AWS, Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Familiarity with web application development and databases.
- Contributes to better team processes and influences team culture for the better.
- Hands-on experience managing or integrating with large-scale core services
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.