F1000 Research is an innovative open research publisher of scientific, scholarly, translational and clinical research across the physical and life sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities and the social sciences. The F1000 Research publishing system combines the ability to publish rapidly with functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. The publishing model combines the benefits of ‘pre-printing’ (providing rapid publication) with quality and transparency (open data and open peer review) and enables publication within days of submission, followed by open invited peer review.
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.Job Description
F1000 is currently looking to bring on two highly talented, self-motivated developers to work on our team. You will build new platforms and tools to the highest quality and reliability to enable us to continue our transition to a microservice oriented architechture and integration of new third party services. Although Scala is not a required skill, as we begin to develop our Scala based microservice platform, this will allow the opportunity for you, as a Java developer, to learn some new skills and technologies. You will report to the back end development team leader and work closely with both front and back end teams.
What you'll be doing:
- API definition and implementation
- Implementation of new features
- Migration of existing features to microservice
- Demonstrable Java development experience (Java 7 or higher)
- Scala with Akka
- Cloud base technologies
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- Spring Framework, Spring boot
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner
- Experience with continuous integration and versioning control tools
- Demonstrable experience of test-driven development.
- JUnit, Mockito, Cucumber
- Spring 2.5/3 (including Spring MVC)
- 24 days annual leave
- Volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Medical insurance for self and dependants; life cover and personal accident cover for self
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- Blended style and flexi working time
- Right tools for remote working
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
You must have right to work and live in India
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.