Infoworks, a leading pioneer of big data warehousing technology, provides organizations with the unique ability to rapidly build and deploy large-scale analytic use cases in days, not months, through the use of intelligent workflow automation and workload balancing natively on Big Data ecosystems.
The Infoworks Big Data Architecture and Delivery Lead is responsible for leading small teams, onsite, offsite and customer owned and delivering on short term complex fast paced quality projects on schedule and on budget. You are expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the Big Data, Data Warehousing and Data Integration areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. You will be responsible for defining and documenting architecture, capturing and documenting non-functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs). You will provide technical leadership to project teams in the design, development and deployment of Big Data Warehouse solutions. You should be able to provide guidance to the team, perform reviews, prevent and resolve personnel and technical issues.
- Lead feasibility analysis, select the technologies including Infoworks and supported technologies, that provide the best solution and identify the products available, with Infoworks being the primary tool, that will best fit the solution proposed;
- Assess the business situation by engaging with varied levels and profile of stakeholders;
- Deliver a strong business case that includes the investment road map, quick ROI, NPV and POV.
- Assist with scoping, pricing, architecting, and selling large project engagements
- Review, analyze, and evaluate the scope of the business problems presented and help identify viable technical solutions
- Drive architecture engagement models and be an ambassador for partnership with IT delivery with external vendors.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders
- Manage customer expectations and ensure a positive sentiment of the customer towards Infoworks
- Architect and implement complex Big Data Warehouse and Analytic solutions
- Drive data warehouse architectural decisions and development standards
- Understand competing technologies and eloquently demonstrate the leadership of Infoworks in this space to customers
- Capable of understanding business requirements and converting them to effective data solutions using big data platforms and traditional data warehouses
- Work with development team to ensure architecture is implemented to meet both functional and non-functional requirements
- Create prototypes, conduct proofs of concepts, evaluate options with pros and cons and provide recommendations maintaining a bias on Infoworks suite of products
- Build consensus on solutions, and work with other senior architects and managers to influence decisions
- Advise on infrastructure procurement, set up, migration and support models
- Analyze latest Big Data Analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings; bring these insights and best practices to Infoworks Professional Services practice
- Create detailed Architectural design documents and presentation for delivery to Executives and Senior Management
- Ensure complete satisfaction of the customer on delivery of project
- Lead large and varied technical and project teams in the delivery of Infoworks projects on schedule, on budget and with quality
- Work with partner teams both onshore and offshore in the efficient delivery of the project
- Multi-task across several ongoing projects and daily duties of varying priorities as required
- Work with project teams to review design and development activities and proactively address risks while collaborating with Infoworks Product Engineering
- Mentor and train resources on following best practices in the development of quality deliverables and effective communication with customers
- Ensure adherence to published development standards and Hadoop / Infoworks best practices, resulting in consistent and efficient implementation of project components
- Ability to make good judgments, decisions, negotiate and good problem solver
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred. Will also consider years of progressive experience with a leadership role in Big Data and Data Warehousing at fortune 50 companies in lieu of a Master’s Degree
- 8+ years of hands on IT services or consulting work experience
- 3+ years of experience in strategy building assignments, and successful project delivery
- 5+ years of experience of architecture support combined, in these environments: warehouse, DataMart, business intelligence, and big data.
- 5+ years of consulting experience preferably with Big 5 consulting firms leading Big Data and Analytics strategies and presenting solutions
- 3+ years of experience in the development of open source big data components like: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Snowflake, EMR, Data Bricks, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in IT strategy or IT management role
- Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms
- Experience in engaging with customers at the C level and presenting strategies and solutions with confidence and eloquence
- History of working successfully with cross-functional engineering teams
- Experience in business domains like Retail, HealthCare, Communications, Finance, Consumer goods and Supply Chain
- Demonstrated ability to communicate highly technical concepts in business terms and articulate the business value of adopting Big Data technologies
- Have architected and designed 2-3 end-to-end big data, cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) or BI solutions across multiple technologies and platforms
- Demonstrated experience in business process improvement, leveraging information and technology
- Should have worked on large data sets and experience with an understanding of performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Should be a proven leader in this space with active participation in industry forums
- On premise Big Data platforms such as Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR
- Big Data Analytic frameworks and query tools such as Spark, Storm, Hive, Impala
- Streaming data tools and techniques such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Microsoft Streaming Analytics
- ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Pentaho or Talend or Informatica); also experience with ELT products
- Continuous delivery and deployment using Agile Methodologies.
- Data Warehouse and DataMart design and implementation
- NoSQL environments such as MongoDB, Cassandra and HBase
- Data modeling of relational and dimensional databases
- Metadata management, data lineage, data governance, especially as related to Big Data
- Structured, Unstructured, Semi-Structured data techniques and processes
- Hands on knowledge of working with Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, DB2 databases
- Strong understanding of File Formats: ORC, Parquet, Hadoop File formats