Senior Architect, Enterprise at Kinship
WHO WE ARE
Kinship is here to help everyone pet parent like a pro. Why? Because our pets make us better humans, and we owe them the best possible care. As the premier partner to a new generation of pet parents, we use our data, products, and services to help people be the best pet parents they can be. And we unite changemakers in pet care to break down barriers, open new doors, share insights, and advance our collective knowledge. All so we can reimagine the pet parenting experience, up people’s confidence, and help the world find better ways to care.
Kinship is a coalition that includes:
- Adopt-a-Pet, the destination for finding homes for homeless pets; we help animal shelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies connect their homeless pets to millions of adopters a month
- Our world-leading Wisdom Panel™ genetic health screening and DNA testing for dogs
- The award-winning Whistle™ GPS dog tracker and health monitor
- Pet Insight Project, our ground-breaking science team that uses AI to turn billions of data points into actionable insights
- VETINSIGHT™ which gives modern pet parents the veterinary and wellness guidance needed to make smarter, more informed health decision for their pets.
- The Wildest, the destination that helps pet parents keep their cool in the wild world of pet parenting
- GoodFriend, our recently-launched marketplace for all your pet’s people
- PetStory, our platform that curates top services for pet parents in Russia
- FluffyGo, the mobile-first platform is a one-stop solution for science-minded pet parents in China
- LEAP VENTURE STUDIO, our accelerator that supports innovators and start-ups, allowing Kinship to bring new solutions to pet parents
Together, these teams and more work to set new standards in pet care. And, as a part of Mars Petcare, they work to create a better world for pets. Learn more at www.kinship.co.
- Running an in-depth assessment of existing architecture, design, technology stack, data models and compliances.
- Analyze and understand the business objectives and come up with a technology strategy and solutions to enable capabilities for existing as well as future products.
- Organize and streamline different business units, align all tech related problems
- Collaborate and influence technology leaders in creating a technology roadmap and drive the implementation.
THE PRO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As Kinship people, we have three pillars that set out how we aim to be--in our everyday work, and in how we approach each other. We call these our Cultural Pillars. In all of the roles that we hire for, we look for people who are Optimistic, Purposefully Inquisitive, and Open to All. And for this role, you’ll need these skills to knock it out of the dog park:
- You Have Courage: a willingness to bring forth a new idea, engaging others across Kinship to support you, and taking risks and action will full accountability
- You Learn at Pace: a consistent and fast work ethic to meet growth goals, and the ability to evolve and pivot quickly from what you’ve learned
- You Value Difference: a genuine belief in inclusion and diversity is in your DNA, and it shows up in your work, and how you work.
- You are pragmatic thinker and outcome driven collaborator
- You are a coach and sees importance to mentor junior engineers
- 12+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience in conducting Enterprise Architecture assessment, organizing and streamlining business units
- Experience managing outcomes through partnerships with technical leaders
- Proven experience in building scalable platforms
- Experience with enterprise architecture frameworks
- Good understanding of Architecture principles, integration patterns, data processing and microservice based architecture.
- Good understanding of data paradigms to support business use cases
- Good understanding of Customer Data Platform
- Good understanding of modern cloud friendly devops tools, terraform, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with relational as well as noSQL database technologies at scale
- Deep understanding of end-to-end deployment architecture including experience with CDNs, networking, distributed systems that yields high availability, active-active topologies
- Experience with distributed caching technologies
- Comfortable with open source technologies and ability to configure/tweak them for scale
- Experience in building API Management Platform
- Prior experience on building high scale micro-services
- Prior hands on experience with AWS, GCP, Azure or comparable public cloud
- Deep understanding of architectural tradeoffs optimized for scale and throughput
JOIN OUR PROS!
- Unique opportunities for a customizable career within pet care
- A super collaborative, flat work environment with direct access to our senior leadership team
- Work from the hottest cities across the world
- Dog-friendly workplaces
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k match, and pet benefits for you and your family
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible work opportunities
- Parental leave for the birth or adoption of your new human child (and fur baby)
- Discounts on pet products, services, nutrition and veterinary wellness plans
- Welcome kits with pet merch & Kinship swag
- An extensive onboarding program with a chance to meet all of our leaders across Kinship