Senior Application Engineer at 3Cloud
Java – Senior Cloud Application Developer
We are looking for a motivated self-starter that wants to grow as we grow. As a Senior Java Developer, your primary responsibility will be to work with clients to develop applications on the Azure platform.
The Senior Java Developer will provide technical leadership in every stage of the development lifecycle, from analysis and design to programming, testing, release, and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes. This position will act as a technical resource to less experienced developers.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design, implementation, support of cloud solutions, modern Java and exhibit superior communication skills. If you are a smart capable senior developer looking for a challenge, 3Cloud is a fit for you!
- Technical Leadership - May lead a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables.
- Solution Design -Translates business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Code Development - Develops and enhances application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification.
- Testing - Leads validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and defect remediation.
- Learning - Keep abreast of emerging technology trends and their impact on cloud solutions.
- 7+ years of recent experience in Java application development (Java 8+)
- A strong desire to learn cloud-based patterns and develop Java applications in Azure.
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey, RESTEasy, Quarkus
- Experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- 3+ years of using relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Strong experience with DevOps methodology, cloud environments and with Microservices architecture
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to design and build technical solutions using applicable technologies; ability to demonstrate strong coding skills
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
- Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience in a consulting environment
- Strong experience in OOA/OOD and design patterns.