What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We are looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer. You will build and maintain a world class mobile application that works directly with our backend services and external partners. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop amazing solutions with a user-centric focus.
In your toolbag:
- A deep understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to plan and implement complex data models
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code, data queries, and network requests
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains Android applications
- Ability to troubleshoot Android fragmentation and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
You have experience with:
- Relational databases (Rooms, SQLite)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Event-driven or reactive programming
- Core Libraries: GSON, Glide, Retrofit
- Structure is: MVVM
- Websocket communication
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.