At Bluebeam, we create smart software solutions that make construction sites more efficient, connected and safe and improve the lives of design and construction professionals everywhere. Our purpose is clear: Together, we’re building a better life for those who build our world.
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will help our team build new products that empower users to quickly find the information they need on their construction projects.
We are a dedicated, light-hearted team with a passion for what we do. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you’re product-minded, you’ll enjoy contributing to real-life problems while growing your skills and career.
What you’ll do:
Bluebeam is experiencing immense growth and is focused on building cloud-native solutions to realize the cloud subscription journey. We need an experienced Lead Android Engineer who can lead a team to architect, design, implement and ensure timely delivery of new native solutions.
This role will also be responsible for mentoring other team members and collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams (Product, Product Delivery, Quality, DevOps, Security, Executive Leadership) to accomplish important project objectives and key results.
What we'd love to see in you:
- Mobile development experience; Specifically building new apps in Kotlin following modern Android best practices
- Experience designing, creating mobile architecture
- Leading a team to deliver complex and high-quality apps to customers.
- Experience and understanding of how to build offline mobile experience, that operate reliably even with poor network conditions (eg: a construction jobsite)
- Experience implementing infrastructure as code, including building, and integrating into CI / CD pipelines
- Experience regularly deploying production apps to mobile platform stores
- Experience both building and consuming APIs and understanding of REST and GraphQL architectures
- Experience with the BFF (Backend for Frontend) pattern, and some backend development experience
- Partner with business and technology team members, to understand requirements and translate them into value-add technology solutions.
- Willingness to learn and expand skills and repertoire
- A positive mindset, team-oriented and results driven thinking, and organized.
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Senior Level Engineer
- 8+ years of experience working on commercial mobile apps
What we offer:
- People-focused, entrepreneurial collaborative culture with the backing of a stable, global, corporate entity – Nemetschek
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, education reimbursement, 401k, wellness resources)
- Work-life balance fostered through a culture of diversity, inclusion, and appreciation of individual lifestyle needs
- Opportunity for continuous professional development through things like LinkedIn Learning, conferences, and certification programs
- Flexible remote options - stay home or come in!
- Help with relocation, if desired
The construction industry is adopting new technology at a feverish pace. Tablets and cell phones are replacing paper blueprints, drones are surveying jobsites in 3D, and cloud collaboration is changing the way teams work together. Bluebeam plays a crucial role in this transformation. The key to our success is a customer-focused approach to product development: we work with the industry to create solutions for the industry. Today, over 1.6 million people throughout the world use Bluebeam. In the US, we’re a critical partner for the majority of top AEC firms, and rapidly expanding our presence globally, with offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK.
Come design and build your future with us.
Bluebeam is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.