Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. The estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. Aspiration is a certified B Corporation and, in fact, has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations four years in a row. Aspiration has raised over $250M in funding to date and is growing quickly.
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the entire product lines on the Android app
- Build new features from the ground up while working closely with product, design, and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with both onsite and remote engineering teams to design clean reusable code features and implement resilient high-level architectures.
- Work closely with the Product Team and be able to turn Product requirements into actional technical stories with well defined technical specifications and details.
- Interface with existing remote overseas Mobile Engineering team members
- Maintain existing code by fixing bugs and monitoring app performance
- Participate in architecture design and decisions on how to scale our mobile apps
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience writing production Android software
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant years of work experience
- Experience building and testing large-scale Android apps and codebases
- Knowledge of latest mobile emergent technologies, architectures, and trends
- Time management and organizational skills
- Comfort in working within an Agile SDLC
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm
- Competitive Salary and Equity Incentives
- Robust Healthcare Plans (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K & Unlimited Vacation Time
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
Read Full Job Description