Senior Android Engineer at Gopuff (Philadelphia, PA or Remote)
Gopuff's engineering team is building solutions to dramatically change the way people purchase their daily goods. We provide the modern-day solution to meet customer's immediate everyday needs with products ranging from snacks and ice cream to household goods and beer, at the click of a button.
The right candidate should be well-versed in the latest Android development frameworks and tools, and have a proven record of driving projects to completion. Coaching and mentoring skills are a plus, as you'll be playing a pivotal role in growing and guiding our developer team. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering consistently great experiences within our growing engineering team.
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem solving and in-person collaborating to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule , where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) in our Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY hub(s)!
- Develop and maintain our Android application used in our warehouses.
- Contribute to our nodejs backend services that support the Android frontend.
- Oversee projects from conception to launch, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality standards.
- Monitor app performance, troubleshoot issues, and optimize for a seamless user experience.
- Mentor and coach junior developers, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous learning.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 6-8 Years of production experience.
- Proficiency in Android development using Kotlin.
- Strong understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience with: Jetpack Compose, Coroutines + Flows, Dependency Injection using Hilt.
- Hands-on experience in App Monitoring tools and practices.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and version control systems, e.g., Git.
- Gopuff pays employees based on market pricing and pay may vary depending on your location. The salary range below reflects what we'd reasonably expect to pay candidates. A candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future. For additional information on this role's compensation package, please reach out to the designated recruiter for this role.
- Salary Range (varies based on a cost of labor index for geographic area within the United States): USD $140,400 - $235,500.
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
- Gopuff employee discount
- Career growth opportunities
- Internal rewards programs
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
- Equity program
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it-stuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.