Senior Android Engineer, Service Infotainment at Rivian (Peninsula)
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment team is chartered to develop mobile, software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, and Security... and we are growing! This role is specifically focused on creating applications to be used by our service technicians to optimize their workflow, diagnose issues, and provide the best customer experience, and will work closely with the Service OS team who is developing the systems supporting our service and repair teams.
Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and travelled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
- Design and develop Rivian infotainment applications on Android OS focused on functions for our Rivian Service team
- Develop sample and demo applications, making use of our technology
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Service OS, product and UI/UX design teams to define application features
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development
- Write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred)
- Proven Android app developer with 5+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, and C++
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in using Android and Android Jetpack APIs, including knowledge of Android NDK and JNI
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines
- Knowledge of Android’s performance and testing framework
- Familiarity with embedded Android framework services
- Experience with developing mapping, multi-media, and Bluetooth solutions is a plus
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum practices
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.