Senior Android Engineer - II at McDonald's Global Technology (Chicago, IL or Remote)
McDonald's new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts, we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald's will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this revolution is McDonald's Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It's bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McDonald's restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we're gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We'll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
* Contribute to all aspects of the agile development life cycle including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
* As a software development engineer on a team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, road map and development of product features from beginning to end.
* Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
* Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables.
* Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important priorities.
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
* Extensive programming experience with Kotlin, Java, and Android platform technologies and APIs.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience. * Solid knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Solution-oriented attitude and ability to solve tough problems in a collaborative, cross;functional, and fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
* Highly quantitative with great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.
* Uncompromising attention to detail and drive to continuously improve the product.
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements to launch to delivery.
McDonald's is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald's provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.