Senior Android Engineer, Core Mobile at Zip Co (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:27 p.m. (CST) on Friday, July 8, 2022
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. At Zip, we have offices in Sydney and Melbourne but can hire from anywhere in Australia.
Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re fully remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to 14 countries (so far) - and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Core Mobile squad, and become a key member of the team that owns our much loved Zip app, you will create new features, helping our Zip customers manage their finances.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work across various feature developments including Crypto, Shop features and Repayments, as well as long term improvements for Zip's mobile modulisation.
You'll be someone who wants to work alongside an epic team to deliver world-class Android experiences for our customers. We're looking for somebody who likes to dive into the code but also enjoys contributing to (and sometimes leading) architectural discussions.
To help us level up you'll bring:
- Solid experience developing native Android applications
- Experience with MVVM or MVI
- Understanding of Jetpack Architecture components
- Working knowledge of material design themes and components
- Understanding of design patterns
- Knowledge of Kotlin
Bonus points for:
- Reactive Programming experience
- Experience in a FinTech organisation
The role can be located anywhere in Australia, or join our hybrid model in our Sydney or Melbourne office.
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We also want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2022 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
More Information on Zip Co
Zip Co operates in the Financial Services industry. Zip Co was founded in 2013. It has 1001 total employees. To see all 20 open jobs at Zip Co, click here.
Read Full Job Description