Beacon Biosignals is seeking an Algorithms Engineer to build out the world of EEG features that guide neurobiomarker discovery and accelerate novel therapies for neurological and psychiatric disease.
As an Algorithms Engineer, you'll work directly with neuroscientists and engineers to...
- ...implement both online and offline approaches to processing vast quantities of EEG signals, via a combination of traditional DSP and ML-based approaches.
- ...support model development, anomaly detection, and other ongoing high-impact research, through short-term prototyping efforts and long-term maintainable libraries.
- ...accomplish positively impactful solutions to real-world problems alongside a knowledgeable, supportive, and kind team.
At Beacon, we believe a diverse team builds more robust systems and achieves higher impact. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply!
- You have demonstrable experience writing maintainable signal processing code, ideally in a production setting (e.g., industry, open-source projects, etc).
- You think about and proactively communicate the implications of implementation choices to downstream consumers.
- You're familiar with DSP gotchas---you've seen some horrors (and written some horrors!) and you know how to look out for sharp edges.
- You're proactive about engineering best practices, and write tests to protect your team and future self from making the same mistakes as your current self.
This is not an entry-level position, but is otherwise intentionally open-ended in terms of required years of experience and title.
Not sure if you meet 100% of our qualifications? There are numerous reports that systemically marginalized people (e.g. women) are less likely to apply for a job, but are more likely to be hired if they do apply. If you think you could thrive in this role, we encourage you to apply even if not every bullet perfectly describes you.