Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company. Now called Rightpoint Commerce.
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Something Digital is an interactive agency with offices around the US. We have spent close to 20 years developing customer software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites for diverse clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
The “SEG” Magento Backend Developer plays a key role in the day-to-day creation and delivery of Backend solutions for Magento and Shopify projects.
SEG stands for “Strategic Engagement Group”. We provide ongoing tactical support and enhancements to our client’s websites and are also the team that’s responsible for maintenance and site uptime. SEG is primarily engaged in backend development, both bug fixes and strategic enhancements to drive ecommerce KPIs, however occasionally (but not at the same time) they need to put on their SRE or frontend developer hats.
What You’ll Do & The Impact You’ll Make
- Analyze and solve problems
- Collaborate with a team of passionate professionals in various disciplines (System administration, creative, marketing, sales) to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Gather and understand client requirements
- Communicate with clients directly to discuss technical issues / implementation details
- Test and take accountability for the quality of your work
- Estimate effort required to implement changes and enhancements
- Troubleshoot and resolve production bugs and outages, including root cause analysis
- Prepare and run deployments including to production
What We’d Love to See
- 3+ years’ experience with PHP
- 2+ years’ experience developing on the Magento platform
- Experience with the LAMP stack
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
It’d be great if you had
- Experience optimizing and refactoring application code
- Experience with profiling tools such as New Relic
- Adobe Commerce Cloud experience
- Optimized web server configurations and have experience scaling web applications
- Virtualization expertise with Docker
- Experience with load testing suites like Gatling or Siege
- Frontend development skills (HTML and CSS)
- Experience with React
- Experience with headless Magento implementations
- Familiarity with tag managers (e.g. Google Tag Manager)
- Experience with frontend performance optimization / site speed audits
- First hand experience dealing with a security incidents
Apply if you
- Are passionate about ecommerce, web experiences, and software development
- Have a love for process and exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Enjoy fostering and developing strong relationships between the members of your team and client base to efficiently and effectively deliver upon project requirements
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that values training, skills development, and individual growth
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.