Remote - USA, Remote - Utah
Join Pluralsight on our mission to democratize technology skills and bring high-quality instruction to thousands of security professionals across the globe! Pluralsight is currently hiring a Security Author to work full-time producing content core to our library. This position will include valuable opportunities expand your brand and experience through participation in research, conferences, and other engagements, as well as an opportunity to help educate the next generation of security professionals.
Pluralsight Authors are a unique breed of technical professionals, combining years of in-the-trenches practitioner experience with outstanding teaching and communications skills. As a staff Security Author you will be accountable for:
- Creating and executing on training plans & objectives in accordance with over-arching Pluralsight security strategy
- Developing educational content of the highest quality to be published on the Pluralsight platform. This content spans the following formats:
- Video courses
- Develop and structure course outlines, scenarios, and demo environments
- Produce slides to a provided set of standards and practices
- Narrate, record, and edit screen captures and slide-based presentations
- Hands-on labs
- Engineer content and capabilities in support of hands-on learning associated with video content
- Automate robust hands-on environments to create rich, interactive experiences
- Rapid conversion of new TTP's and POCs into advanced hands-on training
- Video courses
- Collaborating with peers for cross role-focused research, projects, and advanced "purple team" capability development
Pluralsight authors must embrace the mindset of a "lifelong learner" and be capable of learning new techniques, processes, and technologies through continuous and rigorous research and self-directed study. It is expected that the research performed will be presented in the content you create.
Pluralsight authors are also expected to:
- Speak and represent Pluralsight at industry conferences and events
- Work with the Pluralsight Marketing teams to help promote yourself, and Pluralsight, as experts and thought leaders
- Partner with the Pluralsight Sales teams on customer engagements to present the technical depths of our content
- Contribute to Pluralsight's commitment to the security community with open source content and capabilities
- Possess a strong ability to present complex technical observations to a non-technical audience
As a staff Security Author it is expected you will meet the following requirements:
- 2+ years of practitioner-level (technical) security experience, with a focus on enterprise Pen Testing.
- Understanding of threat actors, adversary groups, and intel-based threat actor groups, and a familiarity with the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Proven track record of conducting and sharing security research
- Community involvement in the form of participation in open source projects; membership in community organizations, user groups, etc; conference/event organization; publication of articles, white papers, books, etc
- Familiarity with the NIST Cyber Security Framework, DoD Cyber Workforce Framework (DCWF), and/or National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework ("NICE Framework")
- It is preferable that you hold one or more industry-recognized offensive security certifications from certifying bodies such as GIAC, CompTIA, Offensive Security (CEH, Pentest+, GPEN, GWAPT, GCPN, GXPN, OSCP, OSEE, etc.)
- Experience with CTFs and other cyber challenges formats.
- Proficiency in scripting languages and automation including Bash, Powershell, Python, and Terraform