Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Robinhood’s Brokerage Security Office is looking for a stellar engineer to help support the Brokerage Product Security function. The Brokerage Security Office works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our Introducing and Clearing Brokerage products and services are secure and our customer’s data is protected. You will be customer focused and reduce friction for users in utilizing security and privacy features and ensure they get the timely education to protect themselves, their data, and their money. You will aid in influencing business decisions by providing results and analysis from security assessments. You will also collaborate with other teams to ensure that we have appropriate security detections in place for our Brokerage entities.
We’re looking for tech professionals who are deeply passionate about security and privacy.
Your day-to-day may involve:
- Perform proactive assessments covering infrastructure, resilient, security architecture, data security (including privacy), access and identity management, and application security
- Prioritize and drive the reduction of discovered security issues, vulnerabilities, and risks by partnering with the business to provide recommendations and solutions
- Collaborate with our Detection & Response team to recommend new security threat detections and aid with any security incidents affecting Brokerage products
- Work with technical leads to develop strategies, programs, systems and tools that enhance our approach in keeping our users and employees safe and secure
- Provide technical expertise on Robinhood’s Security and Privacy’s solutions, policies, procedures, and standards
- Stay up to date on the direction of emerging security and privacy industry trends
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 2+ years of experience engineering security solutions
- 4+ years of experience in multiple cyber security disciplines
- Security risk assessment or threat modeling skills
- You have used SIEM or similar systems to detect security threats
- A passion for Robinhood and the products we produce
- Working knowledge of Go or Python is a plus
- Pentesting experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).