Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
The Security Engineer is responsible for the delivery, operating, and scaling of security capabilities across the organization. This includes supporting technical implementations, working cross-team with infrastructure, system, application, and architecture teams to better the security posture of the organization. This role will act as a security expert within a growing, collaborative team in a cutting-edge HR and payroll tech company. Keep abreast of the latest technologies in a hands-on role that also provides a unique opportunity to shape the future direction and design of our systems. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to play a foundational role in a new team is self-motivated and has great communication skills.
Reports To: Manager, Security Engineering
- Develop innovative security controls to protect assets across a large and complex environment
- Administer a wide and interesting range of security platforms and systems
- Implement security orchestration and automation in support of security operations
- Consult with internal teams on architecture and system designs
- Support cross-team security initiatives of internal teams
You will need experience working with most, if not all, of the following platforms and tools:
- Active Directory
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Data Loss Prevention (Proofpoint, Symantec, Varonis, etc.)
- DNS Filtering and Web Proxies (Cisco, Zscaler, etc.)
- Docker Containers & Kubernetes
- Email Security (Proofpoint, Mimecast, etc.)
- Endpoint Detection & Response (Microsoft ATP, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, etc.)
- Network Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, etc.)
- Privileged Access Management (PAM)
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Threat Intelligence Platform (TIP)
- Vulnerability Management (Tenable, Qualys, etc.)
- Web Application Firewalls (F5 ASM, Imperva, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in InfoSec, Computer Science, or related preferred
- 3-5 years experience, Security Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, Systems Engineering
- 1 relevant security-related certification preferred.
- Ability to self-teach technical concepts in security and apply them in real-world scenarios.
- Great communication skills with the ability to build strong cross-team relationships.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $74,020 - $104,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.