Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for a Security Operations Engineer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how the Security Operations Engineer helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Security Operations Engineer will design, implement and maintain the functions and operations of the Security Operations Center (SOC). To monitor and analyze security incidents to protect information and assets from unauthorized access, misuse, modification or destruction. Contribute to an incident response program to address all security incidents and ensure timely escalation to appropriate business units for validation/investigation. To ensure adherence to regulatory compliance, federal and state laws governing information security, customer identification program, personal identifiable information and assets. Monitor all intelligence sources to identify potential threats/compromises which may target the client and develop proactive strategies to minimize the impact of these threats.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Assist in developing a successful industry leading SOC program that employs people, processes, and technology to continuously monitor and improve VillageMD’s security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
- Provide technical solutions for the SOC program in the areas of asset management, vulnerability management, monitoring, logging, alerting and incident response.
- Assist in developing an automated security framework for robust deployment tools and processes, leveraging various technologies.
- Lead security and threat response investigations in complex cases involving log analysis and forensics.
- Partner with the greater security team as well as infrastructure and product teams to develop strategies to monitor active or emerging threats and vulnerabilities.
Skills for success
As a successful VillageMD Security Operations Engineer you possess,
- Strong organizational and project management skill
- The ability to create and refine processes that are adaptable but wildly scalable.
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Flexible in approach to adapt when projects need it.
Experience to drive change
- Experience working in a Security Operations team in a healthcare technology environment.
- 3+ years in Security Operations, with experience in incident response, threat hunting, forensics, security monitoring, SIEM, cloud infrastructure security, network security, endpoint security, vulnerability management, SOC automation.
- History of optimization of process and projects across functional areas.
- Track record of successfully executing projects in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.