Planet Technologies, a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, is looking for a talented, proven, and motivated Security Engineer. Successful candidates must posses expert level knowledge and experience in the security space.The right candidate will be responsible for engineering, implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.The position is within our Federal team at Planet Technologies, supporting a Federal customer. This position will be customer-facing and consist of a variety of delivery of business transformation technology projects, as well as providing consulting services for next-generation infrastructure solutions and projects as they relate to cloud solutions. Candidates must posses an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- familiar with splunk, azure, compliance, responsible for scanning systems, hardening them and supporting the ATO Process
- Conducting scans
- reviewing logs with ISSO
- Setting up alerts in Splunk
- Assisting engineers with what needs to be remediated
- Identify and define system security requirements
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Candidates must posses an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation - US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!
More Information on Planet Technologies
Planet Technologies operates in the Business Intelligence industry. The company is located in Germantown, MD. Planet Technologies was founded in 1997. It has 286 total employees. To see all 40 open jobs at Planet Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description